|• Environmental information is of crucial importance …
• Copernicus European Earth monitoring information….
• The Global Land service of the Copernicus program…. to provide accurate and reliable Land products
• Provision of in-situ data for calibration and validation of dedicated mission observations (Article 6.2 of the 377/2014 regulation, specific to ground-based data for validating EO products)”
The GBOV service shall allow the quality control of the main land products (top-of-canopy reflectances, surface albedo, fAPAR, LAI, fCover, LST and soil moisture) providing collections of multiple years of ground-based Reference Measurements (RMs) and derived land products (LPs).
RMs are collected over a series of selected sites organised through international research networks (such as SurfRad, AERONET, FluxNet, NEON, IMAGES, ARM, BSRN, TERN, OZFlux, USRCN …). Please, click here to obtain more details on the list of RMs available.
The GBOV service is developed, operated and maintained by ACRI-ST with the support of Expert Support Laboratories :
- University College London (UK)
- University of Leicester (UK)
- University of Southampton (UK)
- University of Valencia (Spain)
- INFORMUS (Germany)